Thursday 28 January 2016

If you want to be happy Be!

Hi everyone!
                  Today, I am representing a mixed media creation. There is a new mini challenge started at https://www.facebook.com/More-Than-Words-Challenges and I love the concept and so much inspired by all talented designers work!!!
Here is my creation:
          For this creation, I want the vintage shabby look, so I chose brown and white color theme! I selected some vintage look papers and distressed them all around the edges, gessoed them. And randomly stamped some wall texture in jet black archival ink. I love new Sizzix mixed media die, it's so versatile and die cut my first mat layer.

I choose a tag from the same paper pack and clear gloss it 5 times and Wow, what a tremendous crackled layered I got and distressed it! Then on a piece of paper I stamped the sentiment in metallic look and clear embossed it.
I recently won a Follower goodie package from More than word challenge( thank you so much Valia for the awesome goodies) and I used one of the white clay ornate! I applied a heavy layer of gesso on it and then applied gold alcohol ink and some acrylic paints on it for shine. added some microbeads and adhere the sentiment.

 Made some handmade flowers from corrugated and texture sheet and some are gifted flowers, applied some gesso at the edges of flowers and arranged them on my mat.
 Before finalizing all the things, I also added a 1mm chipboard peeking from the die cut. Firstly I gesso it and applied some gelatos and then applied some crackle paste and randomly applied distress Vintage photo ink. And embellished it with some leaf charms, die cut leaves, swirls, sticker sentiment BE You, half gold pearls, pollens, a cream colored gorgeous ribbon bow and a butterfly.
 One more final look:
Hope you like this creation!

Supplies used:
Pink CS, Textured brown paper for flowers, chocolate  colored corrugated sheet, Enogreeting paper pack 12x12
Dies: Die-namics Mini and Large royal roses; Paper Smooches Loopy leaf(New in my stash); Sizzix Mixed media by Tim Holtz( New in my stash); 12 Flower frenzy from HOTP( New in my stash)
Stamps: Bo Bunny Wall to wall textures stamp; Fiskars All round quotes
Jet black Archival inks
Distress ink- Vintage photo
Distress crackle paint clear rock candy
Wow embossing powders; Metallic platinum and clear gloss
Lindsy Moon shadow mist
Adirondack mixative gold Alcohol ink
Gelatos- A14129
Glossy accent
Sakura Gesso
Ek success Distresser tool
Porta 3 D Antique stickers

I would like to enter my creation in the following challenges:
More Than Words - January 2016 Mini Challenge
http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/01/january-2016-mini-challenge.html
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.in/
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.in/2016/01/dlart-january-linky-challenge.html
http://nordsalten-hobbyklubb.blogspot.in/- Spring is my favorite season because I love the bright colors and smell of fresh flowers!
http://peek-a-boodesigns.blogspot.in/2016/01/challenge-2-any-thing-goes.html- I am inspired by saffron, white and green color

http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.in/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/#
http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.in/2016/01/january-challenge-anything-goes-with.html
http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.in/
http://wowembossingpowder.blogspot.in/
http://theartisticstampercreativeteam.blogspot.in/2016/01/january-2016-new-creative-challenge.html






18 comments:

Pon Malar said...

Very pretty :) love those highlights on the flowers :) gorgeous project...

Chris said...

Fabulous! Such a gorgeous design, the flowers are beautiful and I love that crackled tag! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Viv said...

Great project. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!
Viv (DT)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Vinita, this is stunning!! I love the vintage shabby look!! The flowers are so gorgeous!! The cracked tag looks amazing!! What a beautiful project this is!! I love, love it!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

A stunning piece of artwork Vinita, so much texture and interest and a lovely display of blooms.

Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More.

B x

Dora said...

Beautiful creation.
thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautifully made, Vinita! I have not tried mixed media so I find this fascinating to look at! So much wonderful texture and dimension! A work of art! I especially love the flowers!

Shirley said...

A stunning card Vinita. You have made a beautiful scene with your stamps and flowers.
Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card, so many pretty details.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More's January challenge and good luck x Susan x

Jingle said...

Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Vinita,
Absolutely gorgeous design. I love it.
Can you please contact me via email?
www.dreamtimecraftsupplies.com.au

Thanks hun
Lisa

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

Such a gorgeous creation so much detailing ..i too loved that crackle effect on tag !!
Thanks for joining us @ Peek-a-boo Designs!!
DT Vijaylaxmi

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

A stunningly beautiful project created and love the way you have played with the right colours !! Thanks for joining us at the challenge
Sharada Dilip
DT PEEK-A-BOO DESIGNS

Kreativelena said...

This looks so gorg. The brown and orangy against the white and silver was really breathtaking. Thank you for joining us at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb:-)

Monika Reeck said...

wooooww VINITA
I am speechless
really you made that cracle look adorable
I dont know it is a bead or what but it looks adorable
I love all the mixed media here on your card
so funtastic my friend
hope your computer is ok again and you have internet again
I miss your visit sweety
hugs
Monika

Karen said...

Vinita, this is so lovely your flowers are beautiful. I had a computer crash this week and lost your email address can you email me at kfranciola @ nycap. rr. com (take out the spaces was wondering if you got your ribbon if you haven't I will send again this week. Karen

Heather McMahon said...

Wow - I adore that glossed tag! I'm so glad you could join in this challenge and congrats on winning the Followers' Prize!

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Vinita,
Loving this design. So much to look at & so much texture. Great job :)
Just letting you know that I have sent you an email in regards to your Dreamtime Craft Supplies Design Team entry. Thanks so much :)

Lisa - Dreamtime Craft Supplies
Dreamtime Craft Supplies
Dreamtime Craft Supplies Blog