Thursday 29 October 2015

Cat Lovers Hop- Finger puppets

Hello everyone!
Today is a National Cat Day! And I am very excited to participate in Cat Lovers Hop  and  Janis has organized the hop to celebrate this wonderful day at Her Peaceful Garden. Tomorrow is the last day to participate. I don't have any pet animals, but I love them! This time I didn't make a card, I created finger puppets out of felt! I named my cat as Poosy and for a lion Prince!
  
To create them, I drew their shape on grey and yellow felt two times for front and back and then added ears, tail and stitched them leaving the bottom side open. Then I attached their legs. For the cat face, I glued eyes, nose and whiskers and for lion I glued a brown coloured felt hair around his face.
Isn't it a cool technique to make cute finger puppets and we can create a whole story of our own for dramatisation too! I used this technique many times when I was a teacher and my Kindergarten tiny tots really enjoyed the stories very much while dramatising through finger puppets!
Hope you like my different creation!

I would like to join in these challenges:
http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.ca/
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.in/- I have used snippets of felt cloth in different colors

Oh! So sorry! The video is not working because of updated version, some features are not working and made me sad! I will try again later!



15 comments:

Di said...

Oh what fun these are Vinita! Really clever idea and I bet the little tots loved them! I'll be back to see if the video gets fixed :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jerrie said...

Love your cats of all sizes!! They are adorable!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, so cute!! Those little critters are adorable!! Love these!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karenladd said...

How sweet and clever to turn these cats into finger puppets! My little granddaughter's would get a kick out of something like this. I make them Christmas ornaments out of felt each year and this year's ornament may be a felt kitty now that I've seen these! Felt is a great medium for the cats already, because of the soft fuzziness!

Fikreta said...

this is wonderful!

mandysea said...

Oh wow... these are adorable and incredibly cute! What a great idea for the hop too. Love their little faces!!
Tooo clever!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vinita
they are so so cuutee
love the felt Pets you made
too cuuutee and clever idea
love this..my son will scream mam may I have one hehehe

Becca Yahrling said...

How very cute and very creative!

D.Ann C said...

Oh, I LOVE your finger puppets!! I've been wanting to do some for a long time. Thanks for the inspiration to get with it!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Vinita! Yay! I am happy to see you at the Cat Lovers Hop! Your puppets are adorable! I have not tried to make anything like this - you are so creative and talented to make these yourself and make your own pattern! Wonderful creations and so cute!

Hetty said...

Hello Vinita,those finger puppets are the cutest!
BTW thank you for all the wonderful comments you gave on my craftchaos blog.

ike said...

Such a clever creation - your finger puppets are awesome !!
Happy National Cat Day :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

C. M. Taylor said...

Like your creations?????? They are adorable and so practical. What a wonderful way to give a child entertainment whilst in the hospital or in recovery! Thanks for the inspiration.

Tina Rathbone said...

How cute are they? I love idea that you used finger puppets to add imagination and excitement to your students' experiences with stories! Awesome.
Hugs and Namaste,
Tina in San Diego

Janis said...

Poosy and Prince are the cutest little finger puppets ever!!!! What a creative take on the Cat Lovers Hop. What lucky children to have you as their kindergarten teacher, making such fun and interesting crafts to teach lessons and tell stories. Such an adorable idea. Thanks so much for linking up on the Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Last day to comment for great prizes on the Cat Lovers Hop at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!